When deciding which university to go to for the next four years, it is therefore valuable to visit the educational school you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting a variety of schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Exactly What would I eat at the hall that is dining? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and friends be? For me, it finally clicked when i discovered a campus that i possibly could truly see myself doing all of the things and more and nevertheless be myself. We encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this month that is next try to envision exactly what your USC experience might be like.
Even though the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until might 1, we have students asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you determine to come to USC, listed here is an outline for the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, in the event that you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our website to get more information about how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by might 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus there is a better chance to getting the kind of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re not 100% sure you are arriving at USC year that is next you are able to submit the housing application and $45 fee to put up your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over summer time. Orientation is a great opportunity to spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you will also register for courses with a academic advisor. You will be in a position to join an Orientation program 5 7 business days once you submit your commitment deposit.
- Send in your last high college transcript and AP/IB exam outcomes. USC awards university credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what type of credit USC grants for the various AP and IB exams.
If you have concerns that aren’t covered in your admission packet or on our blog or website, please contact your admission counselor. We are thrilled to help reply to your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what precisely does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the country (15% in last year’s shmoop pro freshman class!). We think that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a positive learning environment by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted in the class.
Certain courses themselves are even created around providing students with the chance to connect to pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC also ranks sixth in the nation for sending students abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of Business are able to meet leaders in worldwide business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can enhance their Spanish language abilities by investing a summer coping with a bunch family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. To find out more about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students can also do research abroad through programs such as Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils with the opportunity to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a few weeks, students will remain on-campus and investigate an issue that is worldwide in scope. They then travel to your area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on breakthrough. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are on offer in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Most recently, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we have already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With more than 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its global presence.
As we become an increasingly globalized society, it is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, as well as obtaining the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is really a global place!